In Microsoft Dynamics AX, a general ledger contains a company’s accounting records. Setting up the chart of accounts, fiscal calendars, legal entities, and currencies are processed to make General Ledger functional in Dynamics AX.
This step by step guide explains how to work with the chart of accounts and its multiple dimensions in Dynamics. Defining procedure for allocation rules and methods are also explained in this document.
- Set up Currencies and Exchange Rates.
- Create Periods in a new fiscal year.
- Create Date intervals.
- Create, modify, and delete reason codes.
- Create a Financial dimension value.
- Create a Dimension Set.
- Set up allocation rules.
- Contrast the various allocation methods.