In SAP, you can use SM50 transaction code to see the list of status of running work processes.
Work Process Overview
IMG Menu Path
SAP Menu→Tools→Administration→Monitor→System Monitoring→Process Overview
The following are the points we observe from SM50:
- No of each work processes like (Dialog, Background, Enqueue, Update, spool )
- What is the processes id for each work process
- Work process status, running or waiting
- IF any error is there , reported in Err field
- The field CPU show how much CPU time is consumed by the particular work process
- Time: It shows how long the work process is running
- Report: Which report is running currently by that work process
- Client: Specifies the client no for which this process is busy
- User: Specifies which user is running this report.
- Action: What exactly going on during this process
- Table: Which table is accessed during this process
The point to concentrate from SM50 is Process Status, time, client and user.
If Basis wants to cancel one running Work process then,
→ select the work process by clicking on left check box as selected below
→ Now Go to Process -> Cancel Without Core.
→ Click on “Yes” to terminate the process.
→ Now you can see that process is in waiting status.
→ Click on Refresh button to get the updated status.