In this SAP GRC Customizing activity, you can specify that you want to use the Reporting Datamart (buffers). You can create a buffer for each timeframe and then fill it with data. If you activate this function, the system determines the data for all report types that exist at a given time. It places this data in the datamart tables. This is done during a regularly scheduled background job.
There are several possible usages for the datamart entries:
- When a user requests a report, the system can read the data from the reporting datamart. This increases the performance of the report execution.
- Datamart tables provide data sources for BI extraction.
- Datamart tables can be used by customers to write their own reports (for example, using Crystal Reports).
The data is stored based on the timeframe involved. This means that the data for all report types for a timeframe are stored in a datamart.
Steps Required to Maintain Reporting Datamart in SAP GRC
- Choose Maintain Datamart and click Execute. On the Datamart Log screen you can specify for which timeframe and year the data is prepared. You can also monitor the status of the reporting datamart.
- Supply the reporting buffer immediately with new data by choosing Fill Datamart (Online)
- Supply the reporting buffer regularly with new data by choosing Fill Datamart (Batch) and scheduling the program GRFN_DATAMART UPLOAD to be run regularly.