In SAP, A consumable material refers to a material that is subject to a procurement transaction and whose value is recorded in the cost element or asset accounts. Consumable material is thus procured directly for an account assignment object. Examples of consumable materials are office supplies and cleaning supplies.
Created for an S/4 HANA implementation project, in this document following steps are covered for the procurement of consumables in SAP.
- Creation of Purchase Requisition Manually
- Approval of Purchase requisition by the Concerned Department Manager
- Conversion of the approved Purchase Requisition to RFQ
- Maintain RFQ
- Price Comparison
- Conversion of RFQ in Purchase Order.
- Approval of PO by the Concerned Purchase Manager
- Goods receipt for the PO to Quality or Unrestricted
- Vendor Invoice Entry for the PO