The flexible workflow allows you to define condition-based workflows for approval processes. It supports both overall release (header-level approval) and release of purchase requisition items (item-level approval). Notifications about new work items can be sent to approvers via the SAP Fiori launchpad or email.
This pdf document is a 9-step guide on how to set up and use the flexible workflow for purchase requisitions in SAP S4HANA MM. Here’s a summary:
- Check Automatic Workflow Customizing: This step ensures that the automatic Customizing is active for the workflow functionality. It can be done in transaction SWU3 or in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver.
- Activate Flexible Workflows Scenario: This involves activating the workflow scenarios for a type of business document, such as a purchase requisition. It’s done in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver.
- Define Step Names and Decision Options in My Inbox: This step involves checking step names and decision options to be used in the app My Inbox. It’s done in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver.
- Define Visualization Metadata for My Inbox: This step ensures that the app My Inbox is available and set up for your approvers. It involves entering data in Customizing for Materials Management.
- Deactivate Event Type Linkages for SAP Business Workflows: This step involves deactivating workflows based on old workflow scenarios. It’s done in transaction Event Type Linkages (SWETYPV).
- Generalize Tasks and Activate Event Type Linkages for Flexible Workflow: This step ensures that the system events are linked to your workflow scenarios, and defines the potential agents of workflow tasks to clearly define the organizational responsibility for processing work items.
- Register Gateway Service for Value Helps: This step involves registering an OData service to enable the value help in the flexible workflow. It’s done in transaction Activate and Maintain Services /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.
- Adapt Flexible Workflow Settings: This step involves adapting the default settings, if required. By default, the flexible workflow is active for the document types NB (standard purchase requisition) and NBS.
- Adapt the Conditions under Which the Flexible Workflow is Restarted: This step involves selecting or deselecting the fields that exist in purchase requisitions. Whenever the values of these fields are updated in a purchase requisition, the system triggers a restart of the approval process.
The document provides detailed instructions and screenshots for each step. It’s intended for users who are setting up or managing the flexible workflow for purchase requisitions in SAP S4HANA MM.