The pdf document Inventory Management Process in SAP is a continuation of the guide on how to manage inventory in the MM module of SAP, focusing on automatic batch determination (general overview and configuration steps). Here’s the summary of the sections covered:
- Automatic Batch Determination: This section explains the purpose of automatic batch determination in the logistics process, which is used for all types of goods movements from the warehouse to find batches that meet defined specifications.
- Configuration of Automatic Batch Determination in SAP:The document provides a detailed guide on how to configure SAP for automatic batch determination. Here are the steps:
- Define Condition Tables (T-code: OMJJ): This process explains how to define condition tables in SAP, which consist of a number of fields. Among those fields, particular fields are selected and assigned to the condition table.
- Access Sequences (T-code: OMCX): This process explains how to define access sequences in SAP. For each strategy type, there is a batch determination access sequence. The main function of the access sequence is to allow the strategy type to access the condition tables in a sequential manner.
- Batch Strategy Types (T-code: OMCW): This process explains how to define batch strategy types in SAP. It is the procedure to select what type of criteria to be used during the batch determination process.
- Batch Search Procedure (T-code: OMCY): This process explains how to define the batch search procedure in SAP. The batch search procedure defines how the search procedure is defined for the batches.
- Batch Search Procedure Activation (T-code: OMCG): This process explains how to activate the batch search procedure in SAP. In this step, you can assign the search procedure for the particular Movement Type.
- Import Standard SAP Characteristics (T-code: BMSM): This process explains how to import all the important standard SAP characteristics by copying them from the client 000. These characteristics are hard-coded in the ABAP functions.
- Creation of a Class: This process explains how to create a class named as Z-CLASS1 of Class type “Batch (023)” and assign a standard SAP Characteristics “LOBM_VFDAT – Expiration date, shelf life” and LOBM_LWEDT- Date of Last Goods Receipt to this class.
- Material Master Settings (T-code: MM01): This process explains how to add the class to it in the classification view, activate batch management in the purchasing view, and give data for remaining shelf life and total shelf life in the Plant storage1 view.
- Create Sort Sequence in CU70: This process explains how to create a sort sequence in CU70 and assign your characteristic value to it. This step is repeated for both FEFO and FIFO methods.
- Create Batch Search Strategy (T-code: MBC1): This process explains how to create a batch search strategy in SAP. This step involves entering the Strategy type ME01, Movement Type 201, a plant, and the material number, and adding Classification and Sort Rule.
- Test Functionality: This section provides examples of how to test the functionality of automatic batch determination in SAP, covering three methods: First Expired, First Out (FEFO), First In, First Out (FIFO), and Last In, First Out (LIFO). For each method, it explains the concept, the steps to perform a goods receipt (GR) and goods issue (GI) in SAP, and how the system determines the batch based on the method used.
The document concludes by providing screenshots of the SAP system for each step of the configuration and testing process.